Sunday, September 16, 2007

Here's the newest member of the Powell Family



Well she's finally arrived. After a long nine months, we finally meet our third little girl. She was born Friday September 14th, at 8:48 am, weighing in at 9 lbs. even and 19 1/2 inches long. She is so beautiful. We are so lucky to now have 3 princesses in our lives. Things went well, at first. It took her some time to breath properly and to get her oxygen levels to stabilize but she is doing fantastic and I couldn't ask for a more even tempered baby. My hospital stay, however, left alot to be desired. It was an interesting experience. Needless to say, we came home today instead of waiting the full 4-5 days for a normal c-section stay. I am very glad to be home and we all just love our new baby girl!!

11 comments:

Camille Powell said...

Shannon (and Family :),

She is sooooo BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm sad we live so far away! Let her know that her Auntie Camille loves her. Give her and the rest of your girls hugs and kisses!

forget laundry said...

yeah! hooray! shannon, she is beautiful- i am so excited for you. i cannot wait to have a little girl. enjoy these next few weeks...I think it is the sweetest time. hopefully you can get some rest and your girls will be helpers. hope to see you soon! love hillary

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so excited that she has arrived. What is her name?

Anonymous said...

Shannon,

And then there were three....Congratulations! she definately looks like she belongs in the family. It's been so long since I've talked to you. I hope we can catch up soon! I think you and Kerri might have inspired me to become a blogger. We'll see.....
Jessica Seaman

Kerri said...

She is another gorgeous Powell girl! Congratulations! I love the name Maggie, too! You really make it look so easy. I am almost tempted to go for number 3. Please keep the pictures coming. I am so excited for you guys! We wish you lots of sleep and snuggles!

And Jess, if you come back here to read the comments, I think you should definitely start blogging.

Melissa said...

Congrats! She is beautiful and we are so happy for you!!! Thanks for the update!
Love, The Giles Family

Amy said...

COngrats Shan! She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Shannon! She is such a beautiful girl. Having good hospital care makes such a difference. I'm sorry yours wasn't pleasant! Don't try to do too much too soon :)

threewinks said...

Congratulations! She is so adorable. I love how you have three beautiful little girls. The start to any great family ;)

love, stacy

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Such a beautiful family of girls. Lucky Weston.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations Shannon!! She is so cute - I'm excited to see her at Christmas!