Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Family has returned....

Well, I did it! I spent 4 days alone, at 38 weeks pregnant, with my busy girls. Yes, ALONE! My parents left last Thursday for the coast, and Weston left Thursday for Baltimore. A couple months ago, when these trips were planned, it wasn't such a big deal. Well, the time came and let me tell you, it was a big deal! I cannot believe how much I depend on my sweet husband for, well, everything!! He must be some kind of saint. The reason I say that is because I complain a lot. I didn't realize quite how much until there was no one to complain to!! I actually got tired of listening to myself whine.
I spent a lot of time thinking about how important family is. My parents are the greatest support to us, not to mention Weston's biggest ali. To elaborate, there has been a time or two, this pregnancy, that I have become emotionally inconsolable. Shocking I know!! That is when Weston has to call in the big guns. The MIMI-nator!! Enough said! On Weston's behalf, a great big thanks to you mom for stepping in when needed!! Well to wrap things up, Everyone returned home as promised on Sunday evening and late Sunday night. I am happy to say, I am back to my old self again, well, sort of.
Oh yeah, for those of you who were worried about the girls being left home with an emotional, grumpy, large, tired, gestationally diabetic, 38-week pregnant woman. They simply said, "You weren't THAT bad mommy!". As you can imagine, this brought back the flood of tears. My girls are so great!! They are troopers thats for sure! Annie kept me company one night and the girls and I had a mommy-daughter date Saturday that consisted of haircuts, manicures, Mc Donalds, and the best movie I've seen on the big screen in awhile, Stawberry Shortcake, "Let's Dance"! Need I say more?? Well, I'm signing off until the big day, hopefully the next post will be of our newest edition, baby #3!!

5 comments:

Kerri said...

Wow, you are brave! I am a total wimp when Arthur goes away. Typically I either have my mom come down to stay with me, or I bring the kids up there. I can't believe you did it by yourself while being 38 weeks pregnant! I am totally impressed. And don't feel bad about losing your cool. It is good for the girls to know that life runs smoother when Daddy is around!

I can't wait to hear how your number 3 delivery goes! Please have Weston post something as soon as possible!

Amy said...

I can't wait to see baby #3! I am so excited for you all! Good luck on Friday! We hope all goes well!!!

Unknown said...

I am so excited to see baby #3. I will be in town in two weeks.

Melissa said...

Shannon,
So--Friday is the BIG day, hu?! We're looking forward to seeing the third Powell girl! I'm glad you survived your time alone. It sounds like you and the girls really had a fun night out on the town---what a fun idea!
Love ya and good luck!
Missy

Camille Powell said...

Where are the pictures of Miss Maggie Jane???? I'm dying to see her!! :) I hope all is going well with bambino #3!